This policy applies on and from 25 May 2018
Keeping your data safe
Who are we?
EquityCommunications Ltd is a privately-owned company with no external shareholders.
What data do we collect and where from?
We collect some data directly from you when you register on our website to receive information relating to our Company Secretary networks or our on-line Noticeboard service. We also collect data from third party organisations where you have asked them to invite you to attend co-hosted meetings.
This data includes the following:
- Your full name;
- Your email address(es);
- Your job title;
- The company you work for;
- Your company web page address;
- Your business address and postcode;
- Your business telephone number; and
- Your mobile telephone number (if you choose to provide it).
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with queries, complaints, comments or praise, or information that you voluntarily post about yourself on the Noticeboard area of our website.
What do we use your data for?
We will use your data to contact you occasionally with messages about and invitations to forthcoming Company Secretary Group meetings, requests for agenda topics for these meetings, and to draw your attention to new questions posted to the Noticeboard facility on our website.
Who do we share your data with?
We do need to share your personal data with some third parties in some circumstances. This includes where we use third party suppliers to perform various services for us. The third party suppliers we share your personal data with are as follows:
Third party organisations who help us by co-hosting our Company Secretary Network meetings; and
Other service providers such as information security service providers and website hosting companies who help us to manage our IT systems and ensure that they are secure.
What rights do you have?
You have a number of rights under data protection law and we will respond to any requests to exercise your rights as soon as we can and in any event within one month of receiving your request.
- You have a right to access your information;
- You have a right to object to us processing your information;
- You have a right to ask us not to send you information about meetings / Noticeboard updates;
- You have a right to have inaccurate data corrected; and
- You have a right to have your data erased