‘Renishaw first used EquityCulture for a questionnaire-based evaluation in 2013 and then an interview- based evaluation in 2016. Their understanding of our culture and approach was key in our decision to appoint them to help our Board evolve in a fast-growing business. EquityCulture worked efficiently and discreetly to our timescales, and I would have no hesitation in using them again in future.’ Renishaw plc
The most frequently adopted approach to Board evaluation is a questionnaire format. When we undertake questionnaire based evaluations, we work with the client company to ensure that the number and the scope of the questions are the right ones for you. Questionnaire based evaluations are especially helpful when you need a comprehensive overview of all your Board’s activities whilst still allowing for some in-depth examination of specific areas. Contact us to discuss how we can create the right questionnaire for your Board.
- Questionnaires provide the Chair with an opportunity to survey the widest possible landscape of his or her Board’s activities in the most efficient and least onerous way for Board members.
- At the same time as giving you a comprehensive oversight, sections of the survey can be drafted to allow more detailed examination of Board activity or behaviour that you want to focus on.
- The questionnaires can be adapted to offer a ‘light touch’ approach during phases when you feel this is the best approach for your Board. The content can be edited to cover those areas that are required – but with a less in-depth scope. Or, we can tailor the questions to allow you to focus in-depth on specific issues.
How Does this Approach Work in Practice?
- We meet with you to discuss the areas you want to cover and provide you with comprehensive material on which we can base your evaluation. Having established what you want to achieve, we agree a timetable with you. At this stage, we can also tailor this material or draft bespoke questions for your Board. We then guide and support you through the evaluation steps, we collate the responses and begin our analysis.
What Happens Next?
- We prepare a detailed draft report which will be discussed with you.
- A final report is submitted to the Chair. This comprises: a brief Executive Summary; the detailed report we have produced; all our recommendations. The Chair will then share this with the Board.
- We are always very happy to meet with you again, and if you wish, to attend a subsequent Board meeting to present and discuss the report.
- We are happy to draft or suggest appropriate wording on the evaluation for your subsequent Report and Accounts.
Contact us now to take this forward.